Recognizing Mail Order Bride Scams And How To Avoid Them
Sometimes it’s hard to figure out that you’ve become a target of a mail order bride scam. Naturally, the beauty of a woman you see in photos and flirt become thick curtains that don’t allow you to see what’s actually going on. Unfortunately, it’s easy to be cheated by a fraudster in such a case.
Best Foreign Brides And Dates Sites
How to avoid mail order bride scams? Keep on reading the article to find out about the most popular fraudulent schemes and learn how to outwit a liar.
What are the most popular mail order bride scams?
When seeking foreign mail order brides, it’s important to recognize the behavior and what a girl says. Here are the most widespread types of scams you should avoid:
A girl tells you that you’ve stolen her heart at an early stage of online dating. In fact, only one or several days may separate you from the moment you’ve got acquainted and her confession. Once she realizes you’re into her, she’ll begin to manipulate your feelings and ask you to send her money for different reasons:
- A woman or her relative is ill, but treatment is too expensive.
- She needs to visit her parents.
- A girl doesn’t have money to pay for electricity or the Internet.
- She promises to come to your city so that you can meet each other in real life.
- A female insists that you can become an heir and get a large sum, but you need to provide your banking account number.
This mail-order bride scam is pretty dangerous for those using a web camera. A woman can ask you to do something intimate during a video call. She’ll record it and promise you to show this content to your family or colleagues unless you pay.
You receive a link leading to a female member’s social media account or personal blog. Once you click on it, you’ll be redirected to a page full of spam. It most likely contains malware that makes it possible for fraudsters to quickly get your personal data.
Fake dating sites
Are mail order brides a scam? No, but there are many platforms that operate illegally. They’re full of fake profiles and underpopulated. Such sites are created to collect user data.
How to avoid a mail-order bride scam?
The following tips will help you save your heart from breaking and your wallet–from emptying:
- Don’t transfer the money even if a woman says it’s a matter of life and death.
- Stay on the dating site. If you switch to a messenger or social media, a scammer will easily get your personal data.
- Avoid sharing your contact or financial details.
- Do the research and pick the best mail order bride sites. Read trusted reviews, consider the audience, and check safety measures.
- Find a woman’s social media pages on Facebook or Instagram to figure out whether she’s a real person. Her accounts should have followers and contain posts, personal information, photos, location, etc.
- Don’t share intimate photo and video content with a girl to avoid a romance scam.
- Pay attention to the text quality. Usually, fraudsters make lots of mistakes and typos, don’t put punctuation marks, etc.
How do you outsmart a mail order bride scammer?
If you find a profile or a member suspicious, you can do the following:
- Do image research. If a lady’s photos seem too perfect, use an appropriate app to check whether they’re real or don’t belong to someone else.
- Offer a girl to contact via phone or video chat. If she refuses a few times, it’s a mail order bride scam.
- Notice conversation details and remind her of them later. Usually, fraudsters forget what they said, so it’s a nice way to catch them lying.
- Pay attention to a woman’s behavior in case you refuse to send her money. If she’s a scammer, she’ll either keep begging you or stop communicating with you.
If you seek Philippine brides or girls of other nationalities and recognize different red flags, inform a website support team immediately.
Indeed, a mail-order bride scam is a pain for the online dating industry. However, you shouldn’t be afraid of looking for love virtually. Just use the tips above to protect yourself from being cheated.